Address： No. A 1, Daqi Road, China (Boye) Conveyor Belt Industrial Zone
BAODING JINGBO RUBBER BELTS CO.,LTD
Copyright © 2018 BAODING JINGBO RUBBER CO.,LTD All Rights Reserved 冀ICP备09014553号 Powered by www.300.cn
Solution to Conveyor Belt Failure
The main reasons for the failure of the conveyor belt are as follows:
(1) The number of times of deflection caused by too short laying exceeds the limit and ageing
ahead of time.
(2) Tearing occurs when rubbing against fixed hard objects in operation.
(3) Friction between the belt and the frame results in bristling and cracking at the edge of the
(4) The conveyor belt is stuck by a sharp edge during operation, and will be torn longitudinally
when it continues to run.
(5) The surface of the tape is contaminated by oil or chemicals.
(6) When the tension is too large, the tension of the tape increases.
Arching in the middle of conveyor belt
Belt conveyor in the convex arc section, often occurs in the middle of the belt cross-section arch phenomenon, will make the belt discount. After stacking, the damage of tape is aggravated when it enters the changing direction drum or driving drum section. The reason is that on the cross section of the tape, the difference of the pulling force on the unit length between the middle and the outside is too large, which causes the tape to slide to the middle to form an arch or discount. At this time, the slot angle should be reduced or the length of transition zone should be
lengthened to make the tape slot angle transition slowly. For convex belt conveyor, the radius of convex curvature should be increased as much as possible and the groove angle of idler should
be reduced when conveying capacity is satisfied.
The solution is:
(1) Prevent the conveyor belt from hanging on the fixed member or falling into the metal
(2) Longitudinal tear protection device may be installed at the loading site.
(3) Store as required and avoid short-distance laying as far as possible.
(4) Adjust the tension in time to avoid long-term deviation.